[Dixielandjazz] ODJB Quiz
drjz at bealenet.com
Mon Oct 24 09:34:47 PDT 2005
ODJB in the UK:
1. What was the name of the venue where it played its first gig?
2. How long did the this gig last?
3. What was the name of the comedian on the same bill who objected to the band's popularity?
4. What were the names of the band's trombonist and pianist?
5. Approximately how long did the band stay in the UK?
1 The Hippodrome in London
2. One night.
3. George Robey, "The Prime Minister of Mirth", who said after the first night that if the band stayed he wouldn't-the band went!.
4. Emile Christian, Russell Robinson (and Billy Jones).
5. 15 months.
Based on The Story of the Original Dixieland Jazz Band (1961) by H. O. Brunn, who misspells Roby (correct is Robey) anongother possible errors. Time for a new book!
Thanks to Bill and Anton. Cheers.
More information about the Dixielandjazz