[Dixielandjazz] Speaking of Eric . . .

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 23 20:19:00 PDT 2005

Hi Listmates,

Rod McDonald wrote:

>A couple of weeks ago, I noticed in a list posting, reference to Eric
>Holroyds CD with 50, seven part Dixeland Style jazz band arrangements on
>it. I bought a copy thinking that if only one 'works' for me, I'm ahead.
>Last night we worked our way through about half the charts and were
>absolutely delighted when they all 'worked'. All of us had different
>musical backgrounds, including the banjo player from a 'Bush band', but,
>once underway, we just kept on going. Our instrumentation (Tenor Sax,
>Euphonium, Trombone, 2 x BbTubas and a Banjo), was able to put the charts
>on the stands and play 'Dixeland', straight off. Thank's Eric.

Eric was on the DJML for quite some time until is unsubscribed a couple of
years back (or at least stopped contributing). I was really pleased when I
saw that Eric had resumed his interest in the DJML submitted some posts.

Eric is an old friend and I definitely want to welcome him back to the DJML!
He has a wealth of experience in arranging, computing and playing Our Kind
of Music and he is a real asset to our world of jazz!

In addition to his contributions to music, Eric is also an accomplisned
cornetist and has appeared in concerts with many bands all over the world.

For further insight into Eric's contributions you may wish to check his web
site at

http://members.optushome.com.au/eholroyd/

In addition to Eric's musical abilities he is also gifted as a web master
for many bands not only in Australia but everywhere!

Welcome back Eric!

Warmest regards,

Bill Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com