[Dixielandjazz] Re: Sacramento Jazz Jubilee

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sun Oct 23 15:52:02 PDT 2005

I accidentally sent this to Mad Dawg, instead of DJML.

Mad Dawg wrote:

(snip)
 > Clever way to get some more publicity for the Sacramento Jazz Jubilee,
> as it is rightly called, and conform to its advertising by Bob.
(snip)

It was not an attempt to get more Publicity.  It was merely to tell everyone
the correct name of the event.

(snip)
 > Whatever it is called, I hope as many of you as possible attend that
> event next Memorial Day (US) weekend in Sacramento. I am sure
> Bob Ringwald will give us all further details on the many changes for next
> year as they become available for the press,
(snip)

Don't forget the world's largest DJML Face to face, Friday morning of the
Jubilee at 10:00 AM.  It will probably be at the same location, the Delta
King, which is the sister ship to the Delta Queen which still works on the
Mississippi, I believe.
The Delta King is permanently moored right there in Old Sacramento.

The 2006 Jubilee is being more centrally located in the Old Sacramento &
surrounding area.  We are not using Cal EXPO or the hotels out near there.
Thus, the sites (venues) will all be much closer together.

Our headliners will be 2 bands from New Orleans, Banu Gibson and her New
Orleans Hot Jazz Orchestra & Bonerama, the 4 trombone New Orleans Funk band.

We will also be featuring Jonathan Russell, the (by next May) 11-year old
Jazz fiddle player.

Lots of other surprises also.  We are really excited about what is happening
in 2006.

BTW- Roger Krum has resigned as Jubilee Exec Director and Jill Harper has
replaced him.

We should have a promo paper out soon.  As soon as it is available, I will
let you all know.

--Bob Ringwald