[Dixielandjazz] Re: Wonder what is wrong with music in schools today?

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Fri Oct 21 15:21:02 PDT 2005

Hi Lily:

He was being cautious and kind to you since he knew you knew something
about music, and more than he for certain.

Those kind of teachers would explain it this way Blues and Jazz is
really the same and sound so much alike, the only differences that Jazz
is a Blues song which has a lot more notes, played a lot faster, and
distorts the melody and is usually out of key because the jazz
musicians never tune their instruments  they call that improvisation.
A really good Jazz musician can play every note different every time to
Jazz it up and confuse the Blues listeners who listen much more slowly.
   Some of the Blues listeners even try to dance to Jazz which is not a
nice thing to do to a Jazz musician who only wants you to listen to
their very fast notes and worship them for allowing you to hear them.
:))

I gotta go practice my speed now so I can become a Jazz musician, :))

Cheers, and have a great jazzin' or bluesin'  weekend  or even a
ragtime one, I'm takin' my boys out to play a heavy metal concert and
convert them to OKOM.  :))

You see if you play Blues instead of Jazz you only have to hit two out
of the four beats, and if your playing two beat blues one is usually
enough, so long as it is the  correct ONE.   Hard to tell sometimes. :))

Cheers,

Tom "Backbeat" Wiggins  who at this advanced age plays only half fast.
:))