[Dixielandjazz] Thanks Eric

Rod McDonald rod1 at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 20 18:50:03 PDT 2005

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed in a list posting, reference to Eric Holroyds CD with 50, seven part Dixeland Style jazz band arrangements on it. I bought a copy thinking that if only one 'works' for me, I'm ahead.  Last night we worked our way through about half the charts and were absolutely delighted when they all 'worked'. All of us had different musical backgrounds, including the banjo player from a 'Bush band', but, once underway, we just kept on going. Our instrumentation (Tenor Sax, Euphonium, Trombone, 2 x BbTubas and a Banjo), was able to put the charts on the stands and play 'Dixeland', straight off. Thank's Eric.
                                                            Rod.