[Dixielandjazz] Re: Preaching

Dick Miller Dick_Miller at pmug.org
Wed Oct 19 21:46:16 PDT 2005

dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com writes:
>Steve wrote:
>Some folks on the DJML seem to think it is impossible to get jazz to High
>Schools and Colleges. And when I "preach" about getting jazz to young
>people, they rant and rave that I do not live in the real world.
>

>I'm sorry, Steve, but I don't see this subject being raised on DJML that
>much except by yourself.  The rest of us really aren't asking for such
>advice.  So why go on preaching?
>It's a bit like Bob Roman's repeated email this am, but his was by
>accident!
>:>
>
>Respectfully, Jim

Jim:

I'll play devil's advocate here. I appreciate Steve's posts, not just
because he's passionate about his feelings, but mainly because I've
learned quite a bit from him on ways to approach the problem of the aging
of our Jazz Society members and its concurrent problems of diminishing
membership, attendance, and revenues. As a member of the Society's Board
of Directors, I find his ideas very welcome.

--Dick Miller