[Dixielandjazz] Maynard Ferguson in Glenelg

Anton Crouch anton.crouch at optusnet.com.au
Wed Oct 19 18:47:05 PDT 2005

Hello all

Not OKOM, but ...

The news that Maynard Ferguson will be playing in Glenelg MD reminds me of
an amusing incident here in Oz.

Many years ago I was at a seminar on traffic engineering (yes, really) and
a colleague was discussing the traffic-light management scheme at Glenelg,
a suburb of Adelaide, South Australia.

He had a map of Glenelg projected onto the screen and I, in a moment of
irreverance, said "Glenelg, that's a palindrome".

Barely a pause, and he said "Yes, there it is" - and pointed to the
racecourse.

??
Anton