[Dixielandjazz] the great "schnoz"

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Wed Oct 19 13:02:57 PDT 2005

Durante is probably one of the best, if not the best of the early White
ragtime pianists according to a reference I read once and now can't recall.
It may have been in G. Schuller's book.   He did record but not much if I
remember correctly.   He can be heard in an early Shirley Temple movie I
think  and I saw him sing and play a bit of piano in a Buster Keaton talkie
not too long ago.

Ron L