[Dixielandjazz] Maynard Ferguson at Schools

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 19 07:08:31 PDT 2005

"...an overweight, antique trumpet player"...Simple...It's MAYNARD FERGUSON
FER Gawd's sake! Not just another name in music/jazz!
He's THE MAN!!! He came to Lodi in 1976 for a band fundraiser for Tokay High
School. I'm pretty sure he gave a break in dollars, but, the fact
remains...MIGAWD what a band! Stan Mark on lead trumpet, Bobby Militello on
bari sax and flute to name just a couple of the musicians.
If I went to any of the high schools in our area and tried to book ANY local
band for a concert, the stares I would get would be incredulous! Sadly!
He will be at Millbrae HS, Millbrae, Ca., Feb.4...my bet is he would draw a
bigger crowd than Wynton...
Warm regards,
Bob Romans,
Cell Block 7 Jazz Band