[Dixielandjazz] Darkness On The Delta CD. Being distributed now.

Lowell Busching verbose at daktel.com
Tue Oct 18 01:23:57 PDT 2005

In the unlikely event that someone has not already posted the fact, The
Arizona Jazz Society disaster relief CD for Jazz Musicians "put in
harm's way by Hurricane Katrina" is being mailed out now. A good job was
done on this compilation disk and the cover picture alone is worth the
price I think! I received mine on Friday I believe.

For those who still don't know about it or want more information, their
web site, as listed on the CD, is http://www.azclassicjazz.org.  Note
that it is .org and not .com.

Their address is for those who missed it.
Arizona Classic Jazz Society
PMB 204
9666 E. Riggs Rd.
Sun Lakes, Ariz
85248-7410

It contains numbers by Banu Gibson and her Band, which at that time in
LA consisted of such musicians as Johnny Varro, Joe Ashworth, and John
Reynolds to name a few. Also the Buck Creek Jazz Band, John Sheridan's
Sine Qua Non Quintet, The Titan Hot 7, and the Word's Greatest Jazz
band.  There HAS to be something you like and for a good cause.

The print on the cover appears to be of a street in the French Quarter
in almost total darkness and heavy rain and is totally fitting for the
album. Of course the title song is on the album.

Please excuse any redundancy to other postings on this album. Just send
money.

Lowell Busching  A satisfied customer.
aka Mad Dawg