[Dixielandjazz] Walking in America

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 17 16:39:57 PDT 2005

"pat ladd" <pj.ladd at btinternet.com> wrote
> Hi Kash
> Same thing.
> We were in Cocoa Beach for the launch of Apollo 17 and my brother walked to
> church. A police car rolled up and asked him what he was doing.
> As it happened the incident was seen by a local newspaper reporter and he
> talked to my brother after the police left.
> When the piece was printed in the paper you would have thought that the
> police had stopped Al Capone. The general tenor was that if you indulged in
> UnAmerican Activities like walking then you must expect the police to check
> on you. Jeez!
> I think that it was at that point that I decided that as much as I love many
> things about Americans and America I wouldn`t live there for all the tea in
> China.

Ah yes, but you see, if you lived here, you would be American and the cops
would pass you by without a thought.

Seems they're good at spotting "suspicious" foreigners; except for
terrorists that is. ;-) VBG

I've never been stopped when walking around NYC. Philly, Wash DC, Baltimore
late at night after club date gigs and I'm carrying a suspicious package.

Musical content: "Walkin".

Cheers,
Steve