[Dixielandjazz] attendance

pat ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 17 10:55:36 PDT 2005

And, once a police car stopped me while walking in Los Angeles to
ask me what I was doing!!! >>

Hi Kash,
same thing.
We were in Cocoa Beach for the launch of Apollo 17 and my brother walked to
church. A police car rolled up and asked him what he was doing.
As it happened the incident was seen by a local newspaper reporter and he
talked to my brother after the police left.
When the piece was printed in the paper you would have thought that the
police had stopped Al Capone. The general tenor was that if you indulged in
UnAmerican Activities like walking then you must expect the police to check
on you. Jeez!
I think that it was at that point that I decided that as much as I love many
things about Americans and America I wouldn`t live there for all the tea in
China.

Cheers

Pat

--