[Dixielandjazz] Russians In Sacramento

Cees van den Heuvel heu at bart.nl
Sun Oct 16 13:06:49 PDT 2005

It's a small world..
We, the Revival Jass Band, were in Dresden in the seventies and played on
the same band wagon during the big parade.
The band: Leningrad Dixieland Band. When we went to Sacramento for the first
time, this Russian Band became our
neighbour in the Day's Inn (they were heavily observated by two "fans").
When we went on tour to Russia the band
visited one of our concerts in what was then called Leningrad, where we
could supply them with instrument parts
that were hard to find in the USSR. In May of this year we revisited
Leningrad (now St. Petersburg) played in "their"
club (Jazz Philharmonia) and did a jam session with them (only two of the
original members were still in the band).
It's a small world...

Cees van den Heuvel
www.revivaljassband.nl