[Dixielandjazz] RE: Sibellious, Encore or Finale or ???

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Sat Oct 15 14:15:12 PDT 2005

Elazar said :

"I thought I noted in the discussion that someone said the new Encore
does not support old Encore files. I did not have the patience to search all
the
posts to confirm that, but I'm pretty sure that's what someone said. And
other
than avoiding the learning curve for new software, the ability to not lose
all
my existing Encore files would have been the main reason to upgrade to the
current Encore version."

That isn't quite right Elazar. It is possible to import "old" Encore files
into the "new" version 4.5 - but only if your operating system is Windows
XP. It is XP which does not support earlier versions of Encore, not version
4.5 which is an XP fix enabling you to read them.

John Farrell