[Dixielandjazz] Dempsey J Travis book

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Oct 14 17:51:53 PDT 2005

Dear Fred,
I have an interesting question for you.
My copy of the Dempsey J Travis 'An Autobiography of Black Jazz' is the
second 2nd printing, 1984 and was purchased in 1986.
On page 484 of this edition there is a photograph of the author with Nancy
Wilson, both holding his book 'An Autobiography of Black Jazz'.
It has a different dust jacket from mine.
I did not think that a second printing would include revisions, unless
mentioned. There is no note of a revision anywhere that I can find.
What does your copy show? Assuming that you have it.
Regards,
Bill.