[Dixielandjazz] Finale import solution?

Don Mopsick mophandl at landing.com
Thu Oct 13 22:25:48 PDT 2005

For Charlie Hull:

Here is a possible solution to importing Encore files into Finale.

Finale is very good at recognizing MIDI files. In fact, one of the
recommended ways of transferring Finale files from Mac to PC and back
again is to first save as MIDI. There is also the format ETF (Enigma
Transportable File) which I think Encore might have available also.
Final can open these with no problems.

It would surprise me if Encore did not have the ability to save files as
MIDI. If so, try it and then try opening the file in Finale. Let us know
what happens.

In My Humble Opinion, converting to Finale is worth it because it is the
industry standard, so many musicians use it.

mopo

Don Mopsick, Riverwalk Webmaster