[Dixielandjazz] Banjo Heads

Bruce Stangeland stangeland at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 13 10:05:32 PDT 2005

Bill,

I get my heads from Richelieu Banjos:  http://www.banjos.com/heads.html

They carry lots of sizes and styles, in increments of 1/16".

Bruce Stangeland
Berkeley banjoist

==========================
------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 23:52:46 +0200
From: "Elazar Brandt" <jazzmin at actcom.net.il>
Subject: RE: [Dixielandjazz] banjo head
To: "Bill Gunter" <jazzboard at hotmail.com>,
   <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>

Hi Bill,

Have you tried Stewart MacDonald? I believe they have heads in 1/16 inch
increments, but maybe only in frosted, I don't remember for sure.

Another place, though they don't make them, but they often have odd sizes in
stock, is McCabe's Guitar Shop in Santa Monica, CA.

I have a friend here who has had some success buying the Mylar in the
desired
thickness and finish, and attaching it to the original hoop/ring from an old
head.

Good Luck.

Elazar