[Dixielandjazz] Lazy River, Sloppy Writer

Dick Baker box2 at twotonbaker.com
Mon Oct 10 12:37:34 PDT 2005

At 11:12 AM 10/10/2005, you wrote:
Hello Dick,

>Many thanks for the information, but the tune was "Lazy River" that I'm
>interested in. It's on the album "The Best Of Pete Fountain". It starts
>with a drum solo followed by a piano solo before Pete comes in about 1
>minute into the tune.
>
>Anyway, thanks for the trouble you're going to.
>
>Cheers
>
>Bob Smith

Argh!  I was reading "Lazy River" and thinking "Lazy River," but wrote
"Lazy Bones."  Sorry for the confusion.

The "Lazy River" from "Pete Fountain's New Orleans" is a different
recording.  Greg Harrison confirms that the one you have was released on a
1962 Pete Fountain-Al Hirt LP called "Bourbon Street."  It does look as if
the personnel I listed is correct (the liner notes on the LP are badly
muddled).

   Dick Baker - Falls Church, Virginia, USA
             box2 at twotonbaker.com