[Dixielandjazz] Medford Jazz Jubilee

Vaxtrpts at aol.com Vaxtrpts at aol.com
Thu Oct 6 22:47:32 PDT 2005

Hello everyone:
I am back in Medford for their wonderful festival.  New Reformation  and
Wally's Warehouse Waifs have both been playing in schools all week.   This
festival is one of the very best at "putting their  money................"   These
two bands have played for 10,000 music  students this week.  I have been a part
of this program a few times, and I  can tell you -- the bands work their
collective butts off, but it is really  rewarding stuff!  And - this festival gets
a lot of these kids coming out  to see the bands on the weekend, which is
amazing.
There have already been a sponsor party and a volunteer party -- both with
great food and lots of music. We had a good jam session tonight, with the
Wally's band leading the way.
There was a festival golf tournament with well over 100 participants.
The festival actually starts tomorrow with lots of wonderful bands.
Mike Vax