[Dixielandjazz] Support of jazz by the Jewish jazz fans.

Lowell Busching verbose at daktel.com
Thu Oct 6 13:00:47 PDT 2005

There has been considerable talk on the DJML the last few days on Jews
IN Jazz, but I think not enough of the Jewish jazz supporters. I once
attended a two day performance by the legend, Benny Carter, at the Jazz
Bakery in Los Angeles.  The Friday performance was apparently on a
Jewish Holiday. The audience was quite small. The following evening,
after the holiday, was  a full house.  It was a clear demonstration to
me at least of how important the support of the "Jewish community" was
to the jazz scene in LA at that time, such as it was.  The weather was
good both days. I can think of no other factors.

Lowell Busching