[Dixielandjazz] Obit for N.O. jazz

Fred Spencer drjz at bealenet.com
Thu Oct 6 07:36:30 PDT 2005

Dear Tom,
You are probably surprised at the lack of a response to this essay--I am. As
I'm sure you know, Mike Zwerin is an accomplished English jazz musician,
long established in Paris, whose autobiography is "Close Enough for Jazz"
(Quartet Books, 1983). Surprisingly this book is not listed in his
bibliography in "The New Grove Dictionary of Jazz", where he follows that
everpresent finalist, Bob Zurke, only to yield the title to the
Zwingenbergers!
Cheers.
Fred