[Dixielandjazz] DJML and gigs

Mike C. mike at michaelcryer.com
Mon Oct 3 07:34:44 PDT 2005

Hi Pat,

  I'll agree that the great guys probably needed very little practice or
almost none. But, Coltrane practiced. So did Armstrong and Goodman.
Coltrane practiced upwards of 8 hours a day regardless if he had a gig
or not and then he'd practice in between sets.

Nice post Pat, now cuse me while I go practice.

Mike

--
"80 percent of Republicans are just Democrats who don't know what's
going on. The only difference is there is a huge informational deficit

-Robert F. Kennedy Jr (1954- )