[Dixielandjazz] Sonny Rollins

Mike C. mike at michaelcryer.com
Sat Oct 1 21:12:43 PDT 2005

It's a real common reoccuring discussion. I love Sonny Rollins,
especially his stuff from the 50's (Tenor Madness w/Coltrane, Saxophone
Colossus, Way Out West, Sonny Rollins plus 4(Max Roach, Clifford Brown,
Richie Powell, George Morrow)). My take on it is that jazz music is too
beautiful to write off one genre or another of it.

When did we ever become so hip, that we can write off other styles or
musicians because they don't sound the way we think they should?
Saddening isn't it?

Mike