[Dixielandjazz] Tamas and Bohem Ragtime Band

Nancy Giffin NANCYink at surewest.net
Tue Nov 29 23:27:56 PST 2005

Greetings,

I wish to say how much I enjoyed meeting our Hungarian list mate Tamas
Ittzes and hearing his Bohem Ragtime Band during their stay in Sacramento
last week. What a gifted, multi-talented, dynamic, and charming entertainer
he is. He plays the violin as if he were born with it in his hands; he makes
ragtime piano look easy; and as if that weren¹t enough, he sings
beautifully, too. All that PLUS he¹s polite and good looking to boot!  The
late Charlie Hooks raved about Tamas, both on and off-list, and deservedly
so!  I applaud Tamas and his band from Hungary, and I applaud all the smart
people who had the foresight to book the band, here and there (Modesto,
Sacramento, Sonoma), such that many of us had the opportunity to see and
hear them. This was a great inspiration for me as I¹ve been trying to
re-learn the violin this year. Thank you, Tamas! My compliments to all of
your band mates (especially that reed player, Zoltan Matrai).

Love and hugs,
Nancy

P.S. My 14 year-old son also very-much enjoyed the music!