[Dixielandjazz] Press release email list

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Nov 28 20:21:25 PST 2005

Hi Don:

With all due Respect:

Why am I surprised that the great Jim Cullum organization does not have
this information already,

There is are a lot and I do mean a lot more Publications and media
outlets out there for the taking than The Two OKOM RAGS.

Send the History and Feature stories, photos, heck they are begging for
stuff daily.

Try this website link for starters:

http://www.google.com/alpha/Top/News/Newspapers/Regional/United_States/

There is also a printed Public Relations Directory available from
Public Relations Plus Inc.
P.O. Box 1197
New Millford, Connecticut 06776
860-354-9361

You can order a Directory for almost any STATE  and it covers
Newpapers, Radio, Television, Periodicals and about any other form you
could ask for to get press and publicity.

California has 379 Entertainment magazines alone   167 Newspapers, 234
Radio Stations, & programs

317 Television Stations and programs

and a ton of other very useful people and organizations to launch OKOM
back into the mainstream MEDIA attention.

Now with a professional campaign organized and presented by an OKOM
Artists of Jim Cullum's Status  it just might open the door for a
movement back to some good music getting noticed again  by taking it to
the unwashed and mostly ignorant to the fact that it exists, General
Public.   You can get a Directory for almost any where in the world,
and it may even be available online now.   Check em out.

You guys could buy a subscription for less than you get for one GIG.
You have to spend money to make money in this business, something that
most OKOM AND MUSICIANS IN GENERAL RARELY REALIZE.

There are a lot more folks out there than the ones we know in the
little Dixieland Music Society and Festival Circuit.   Many of them
still don't even know about Riverwalk and you guys at all or the
Sacramento Jazz Jubilee either.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins