[Dixielandjazz] What a Wonderful World was Twinkle Twinkle

Hal Vickery hvickery at svs.com
Mon Nov 28 17:44:56 PST 2005

I'm not old enough to remember this, but I seem to remember reading about
some guy who in the '30s or '40s had a show on radio and billed himself as
"The Tune Detective" or something like that.  He did a lot of pointing out
of classical origins of popular songs.

I remember having a piece of sheet music of some Gershwin tune in which
there were extensive notes by somebody who discussed the origins of that
tune in something by Grieg, iirc.

I have no idea why I'm writing this to the list except that this message
stirred up my memory of that stuff.

Hal Vickery