[Dixielandjazz] Jack Mahue's Salt City Five

BudTuba at aol.com BudTuba at aol.com
Mon Nov 28 09:48:36 PST 2005

I just finished converting this Jublilee LP (LP1012) to CD and was awed by
how hot these young players (Jack was 24 then) played.

Jack Mahue, clarinet
Dick Oakley, cornet
Will Alger, trombone
Dave Remington, piano
Frank Frawley, bass
Bob Cousins, drums

There are very few bands today that are as innovative and exciting.   Anyone
wanting to hear a sample of this contact me offline and I'll  send you an MP3
track.  Everything on it great, but I really liked  their version of Lassus
Trombone featuring Will Alger.

Jack, I'll send you the whole session if you lurking online, let me know
where to mail it.

Roy (Bud) Taylor
Smugtown Stompers JB
"we  ain't just whistling dixie!"