[Dixielandjazz] Re: Twinkle, Twinkle" the same as "WonderfulWorld"?

DWSI at aol.com DWSI at aol.com
Mon Nov 28 05:13:15 PST 2005

Larry Swain wrote:

There  are 4 chords in Twinkle: C, C7 (not even sure this one is in Haydn's
original,  as the
tune sounds fine without it), F, G7.

Larry, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Twinkle, Twinkle
wasn't written by Haydn or by Mozart, but that Mozart did several  famous
improvisations on old French lullaby originally entitled, "Ah, Vous  Dirai-Je
Maman." Yes, the dominant seventh is in the original and used  extensively in
Mozart's variations. Mozart also threw in quite a few more.

Dan (backup piano man) Spink