[Dixielandjazz] Various

dingle at baldwin-net.com dingle at baldwin-net.com
Thu Nov 24 13:43:50 PST 2005

Mike wrote:

>  The slide trombone really cannot be replaced if you are playing OKOM
> because the glissando as you mentioned
>
> is a major part of the style. Even the simplest of tailgate lines use
>
> some kind of glissando in them. To me, valve trombone and baritone just
>
> don't fit the bill.
>
> Mike

Gee...then I suppose I should toss out  my old Condon/Commadore sides
that had either Brad Gowens or
Frank Orchard on valve trombone -- of the Bud Freeman Cumma sum Laude
sides as well. And all this time I thought they were in
the OKOM column. I think I will keep them -- after all they if not OKOM,
they sure are MKOM!
Don Ingle who holds another opinion, though I may be a bit prejudiced.