[Dixielandjazz] Re: Baritone as Trombone

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Nov 24 01:04:02 PST 2005

>a great Mosaic reissue, "The Complete Roulette Jack Teagarden Sessions".  Big T
plays baritone on one magnificent cut; 'Ol Man River.<

Dear Roger (and DJMLers),
Thank you for reminding me of that July 1959 JT side.
(I'm playing it again now.)
I had forgotten about it - and the photograph.
For those who have the Teagarden Roulette LPs, don't bother looking for this
track.
It was unissued until the Mosaic 4CD set.
And I certainly endorse your commendation regarding Mosaic.
They have certainly to provided a great LP/CD service for jazz enthusiasts
over the years.
Kind regards,
Bill.