[Dixielandjazz] Re: Baritone as Trombone

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Nov 24 00:47:13 PST 2005

>Is that what a friend of mine calls a "Flugelbone". I have seen his and it
looks and sounds like what you are calling a marching trombone.
Bill Haesler I am thinking of John Bates' Flugelbone.<

Dear Mick,
Make that John Bates' ex-flugelbone.
It seems that one day last year someone needed it more that John did.
But didn't bother to ask John.
A great pity, as Master B could coax some great sounds out of that horn.
Although John always referred to it as a flugelbone (after the name the King
company used for theirs) his was, indeed, a marching trombone.
Kind regards,
Bill.