Re: [Dixielandjazz] Uniforms -  Public Perception

OArkas at aol.com OArkas at aol.com
Wed Nov 23 09:57:14 PST 2005

Hi, Folks:
Interesting talk on Preservation Hall.
All I can say is, I'm a folk musician, and I love the "authentic" styles.
About 14 years ago, we had the opportunity to be in New Orleans and visited
Pres. Hall.
Better yet, Willie and Percy Humphrey were playing.   Quite simply, it was
great!   It was traditional, and I loved it.   They were just the "real thing."
 From their traditional background came the sound and style that are the
roots of the music so many of us love.   (Willie even played Albert clarinet like
we Greeks do, and he and I talked about that for awhile.)
All I can say is, I enjoyed Preservation Hall a lot.   And I like lots of
other groups I hear today who are not necessarily as "authentic" or old
fashioned.   Always loved Turk Murphy and Bob Helm too!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!
John