[Dixielandjazz] Straw hats, Garters, Vests, Etc.

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Nov 21 18:46:18 PST 2005

Hi Dave : and all.

I remember when the San Francisco Union had a regulation that said if a
musicians was required to wear anything other than a Tuxedo or the
Blues Suit, they were to get paid extra for doing so, and even more for
what they considered at the time as grotesque attire,    which usually
meant stuff like  Zoot suits, or Hawaiian shirts.  :))   Or Striped
Prison shirts as in Spike Jones band routines etc.

Wow they would really be upset the way I Pimp My guys up.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins

   Who was kidding about the Styrofoam hats,  and yes Bob there is
indeed a Time and a Place for everything and even straw hats and the
stereotypically believed Dixieland Uniforms.    I don't try to sound
like any other Dixieland Band and I don't want to look like one either
so I continue to march to the beat of a different drummer.

    The Union has NEVER had any bylaw that required a special uniform
for
performance. It has always been up to the leader, but no bylaw.

You might have worked for a leader that was a Union member, but in no
way would
reflect on any Union rule.

Dave Hanson
Trombone