[Dixielandjazz] Yarra Yarra Band

jsbarque at netscape.net jsbarque at netscape.net
Mon Nov 21 16:25:24 PST 2005

I've sent the DJML posting on to Maurie Garbutt, leader of the Yarra Yarra New Orleans Jazz Band.

Maurie is currently playing trumpet with the Louisiana Shakers - www.louisianashakers.com/. Their regular Sunday afternoon gig is at Mesata Cafe-Bar, 101 Smith St Fitzroy, just around the corner from my joint so when I can I go to hear them and have the occasional sit in. They play the real N.O. style.

cheers

Tony Orr
banjo, Foster's Foaming Five
Melbourne