[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixieland definitions

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 21 16:01:22 PST 2005

on 11/21/05 4:07 PM, tcashwigg at aol.com at tcashwigg at aol.com wrote:
about the stereotypical association of "Dixieland" and old white men who
attempt to play it in outlandish costumes.

> NO NO No No  Steve:
>
> I just ordered 15 Straw Hats ( actually styrofoam ones) and  30 Red arm
> Garters, Red striped vests in Giant sizes and some fine looking bright
> Yellow Pants, and Red bow ties and fifteen fake handle bar Mustaches
> for my mostly  Black Band in the hopes that we would finally be
> accepted and invited to play some Dixieland Festivals.   I thought they
> were coming back into Fashion.

> ROTFLOL

No, No, No, No, yourself Tom.

Forget all them old honky threads. Just bring your band in "whiteface", cut
your price and play "You're Bound To Look Like A Monkey When You Get Old,"
or, add two banjoes and play a more modern tune like "Is It True What They
Say About Dixie?"

ROTFLMAO

Cheers
Steve