[Dixielandjazz] Posting to DJML on the Sony fiasco justification.

Lowell Busching verbose at daktel.com
Wed Nov 16 13:20:08 PST 2005

In posting more on the Sony protection fiasco to the DJML yesterday,
along with several others including Bob Ringwald, I forgot to point out
to those members who may question the Trad or Dixieland qualifications
of such postings, that at least in my posting, Bela Fleck was quoted.

To those who may not be aware, Bela is a well known, outside trad jazz
even, banjo player who even makes money playing the banjo with his
group, the Flectones!  This might come as a surprise even to many banjo
players like Bob Ringwald, who has had to resort to playing piano with
the Boondockers and Fulton Street to regain his credibility as a musician.

Bela may not always play OKOM, but I am willing to bet that he has
encouraged a few string players to become proficient on the banjo, and
that can not be all bad.

Lowell Busching

AKA Mad Dawg