[Dixielandjazz] Mighty Aphrodite Jazz Band

Coastsidegiraffe at aol.com Coastsidegiraffe at aol.com
Wed Nov 16 09:51:43 PST 2005

In a message dated 11/15/05 8:09:52 PM, barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

> Mr. Barbone writes:
> "Are they fantastic? Why worry about it? You can bet every nickel you have
> that they will draw a crowd of admirers whether or not they can play jazz.
>
> And that is the BOTTOM LINE. Good music would be an added bonus, but not
> necessary because your audience will not really be listening. :-) VBG."

Come on Steve - give our audiences (at least those out here on the left
coast) more credit.  We flock to hear this band because of its outstanding musical
talent.  We don't have time to waste on spending a musical set looking and not
listening.  We women of OKOM don't flock to see Bob  Schulz play his horn
because he's so good looking.  We flock to hear him play because he's such a
wonderful musician.  I think the men of OKOM appreciate the talent of Mighty
Aphrodite first.  The good looks are an added bonus ( in both Aphrodite and
Schulz!).
Karen
Pacifica, CA