[Dixielandjazz] Mighty Aphrodite Jazz Band

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 15 20:12:30 PST 2005

Bret E. Bradford wrote:

> I would appreciate any comments on this West Coast group. I have been
> approached about booking them for a gig but don't know much about about
> them. Supposedly they are fantastic, but that opinion may be biased.  :-)>>

> And many responded favorably about their expertise as jazz musicians.

Bottom line is very simple. HIRE THEM. They are a band of young women. The
audience is a lot of old men who still fantasize.

Are they fantastic? Why worry about it? You can bet every nickel you have
that they will draw a crowd of admirers whether or not they can play jazz.

And that is the BOTTOM LINE. Good music would be an added bonus, but not
necessary because your audience will not really be listening. :-) VBG.

Cheers,
Steve