[Dixielandjazz] Pld Folks Don't Buy Records?

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 15 06:59:53 PST 2005

Old Folks (over 35) don't by records?????????

Maybe we should tell Tower Records that old people don't buy records. They
just pissed $19,000 down the drain advertising, on a full page in the Sunday
NY Times, a 30 year anniversary set of Bruce Springsteen DVDs & CDs.

I don't know, but I'm guessing that Springsteen fans and record buyers are
mostly over 45, some over 55, maybe even 65.

I'm also guessing that $19,000 is the net profit on sales of $200,000 worth
of record sales to these old folks. (the break even)

They were the 25-35 year olds who adored him 30 years ago.

Perhaps Sacramento Jubilee might hire him as a headliner in a stand alone
venue and see just how many of these middle aged old folks show up.? :-) VBG

Cheers,
Steve