[Dixielandjazz] copycats

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Nov 14 16:15:21 PST 2005

Ahh Yes Richard:

And these are the same folks who are PRESERVING and PROMOTING OKOM.
thru no-profit organizations, I guess since they are not interested in
making a profit they think we should not make a profit either.

I think I prefer FREE LOVE.  it is not quite as hard a work and
sometimes even more FUN. :))  Now I could no doubt get the entire band
to do that kind of WORK for Free. :))

Yep we just don't get NO RESPECT:

Sadly,

Tom Wiggins

   Hi all,

Four jazz club members at a recent festival bought 1 CD from me; they
reached into the pockets and purses respectively and fished out $5
each. Of
course they were going to copy them! If you add the blank CD ink, paper
and
jewel case you come to about $3.00. Total cost if you only burn 3 = $9,
total cost for their project $14 that means they equated the
intellectual
property and original artwork, recording time and effort and investment
$6 in total or $2 each.
Mind you, if they bothered to go to the website below regularly they
would
find full versions of tunes of my band to copy for nothing!

regards,
Richard Stevens
www.thejazzfactory.net