[Dixielandjazz] Young people and copying CD's

Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com
Mon Nov 14 08:32:52 PST 2005

Tom Duncan said :-
> I suspect that many people have inexpensive or older CD players that
will
> not effectively read a home-burned CD. Has anyone else experienced this
and
> is there an "in house" way to counteract? I use Nero burning software.

The short answer is no. You need a different laser (I'm not sure
of the details, more powerful or a different colour or a combination
of the two) to read "home-burned" CDs. Pretty well all modern
players will read all CDs, but older ones may have problems.

Some CD-Rs are better than others, so it might be worth experimenting
with different makes of blank. They have different colour dyes in them,
so some may be better on some players.

The re-writable CD-RW disks are even worse so don't use these unless you
know the recipient can handle them.

Andy Ling