[Dixielandjazz] Mighty Aphrodite Jazz Band

Schnabbels at aol.com Schnabbels at aol.com
Mon Nov 14 00:50:50 PST 2005

Hi,

I do not know your name because you did not sign your posting. I normally do
not respond to that but I'll be happy to make an exception since Mighty
Aphrodite is involved.

The band performed at the Arizona Classic Jazz Festival this past week-end.
It was their first Festival ever and the girls were obviously excited. Pardon
me for referring to them as "girls". I am 65 and they could be my
granddaughters.

The band performed splendidly. Especially in view of the competition which
included High Sierra, Titan 7 and Climax a.o. Leader Brianna Skonberg (tp) had
performed already  several times at the Festival as guest artist. She is
extremely talented, sings well, and is also totally gorgeous. Her fellow co-leader,
Claire McKenna (cl) is a highly accomplished musician and I have a suspicion
(I am not sure) that she has a hand in some of the arrangements.

The other "musiciennes" are very good as well. I was particularly impressed
by the contra-bass player Georgia Korba. A petite one who laid down a base line
you could lean against. I do not want to armwrestle her.

If you have an opportunity to book them, I don't think you can go wrong.

Regards,

Rob van der Plas
Scottsdale, AZ