[Dixielandjazz] Clarinet tuning

Larry Walton Entertainment larrys.bands at charter.net
Sun Nov 13 22:15:49 PST 2005

The primary things that gum up clarinets are  candy, chewing gum, soda
and milk,  Candy, chewing gum and soda because they contain sugar which
causes pads to be gummy and Milk because it forms a kind of glue.
Elmer's glue is made from milk. These are typically kid foods.  Other
things will gum up woodwinds but many adult beverages unless they are
sweet don't do a lot of harm.  Straight vodka has never rotted a pad. Cheers
Larry Walton
St. Louis