[Dixielandjazz] Young people and copying CD's

Cees van den Heuvel heu at bart.nl
Sun Nov 13 16:30:33 PST 2005

Like it or not, people are copying. You can't do anyting
about it. It's simple, no quality loss because it's all digital.
It's no use fighting windmills. The only thing to do: accept reality.
That why I stipulated the only way to fight it: give the original CD
something
extra like a good booklet with information, photographs etc. Copying lacks
that extra.
Be realictic: pop cd's sell millions. 3% of millions is a neat income.
Jazz CD's and the like, sell thousands and 3% of thousands only buy you a
couple of bottles of malt whisky. When you sell your own CD's you can get
a revenue of 7 to 10 dollars each,and because of the  low figures (let's say
about 2000) you can really get drunk in style! Plus: where can people go
to get copy's? That is what I was trying to get across.

Cees van den Heuvel
http://www.revivaljassband.nl