[Dixielandjazz] Beware of Sony CDs

Mike mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Fri Nov 11 16:20:42 PST 2005

Yes it is crummy.

But it is a fairly common thing. Some purchased software, as well as
free stuff, does contain spyware. Sometimes they tell you about it and
somwtimes they don't. All you can do is get a good spyware scanner(or
two) and hope for the best. I use Ad-Aware and Spyware Blaster.

Sony has talked about doing something like you mentioned for quite
sometime. I don't think it is right or fair and I strongly question the
legality of such actions but no one seems to be challenging it.

Mike