[Dixielandjazz] Cell Block Seven

Hall, Cindi Cindi.Hall at ssa.gov
Tue Nov 8 07:57:08 PST 2005

Hi,
I have been seeking information/history on the original Cell Block Seven
group.
I have one of their original 45 records that was recorded around 1953 that
I'm planning to post on Ebay soon (Tin Roof Blues/Mama Don't allow it).  I
know that one of the band members (Lacey Stinson) was from Ruston, LA and
was killed in a car accident traveling from Ruston to SMU.   I'm trying to
find out a little more history on the band itself.  They seem to have been
very popular in the Dallas area.

Also, is there a connection between the original SMU group and the current
California group?

Any info you have would be greatly appreciated!!