[Dixielandjazz] Spring West Coast Tour - a little off topic, but relevant to Kids and Jazz

Vaxtrpts at aol.com Vaxtrpts at aol.com
Thu Nov 10 13:13:35 PST 2005

Just though I would let you all know that I am booking a West Coast Tour of
the Stan Kenton Alumni Band for late March and early April of 2006.  The  band
is full of well known jazz players, some of whom play OKOM and even perform
at some of the festivals.
We mainly play high schools and colleges and give free clinics in the
afternoon, with a concert at night, where we have the school band open for  us.
The tour is sponsored by my nonprofit Friends of Big Band Jazz
(_www.bigbandjazz.net_ (http://www.bigbandjazz.net) ), so we can offer the  band at a much
lower price than many of the other road bands......
I have some anchor dates, but really  need to get going and book the  rest of
the tour. March 28 - April 13. -- CA, WA, OR.....................
If any of you know band directors or possible presenters, please let me  know
and I will get in touch with them.
Band Line Up:
Piano; Bob Florence
Bass: Chris Symer
Drums: Gary Hobbs
Trumpets: Mike Vax, Carl Saunders, Dennis Noday, Steve Huffsteter, John
Harner
Saxes: Kim Richmond, Pete Gallio, Scott Petersen, Alex Murzyn, Joel  Kaye
Bones: Roy Wiegand, Scott Whitfield, Dale DeVoe, Kenny Shroyer, Mike  Suter
Thanks,
Mike Vax