[Dixielandjazz] George Shearing In Dixieland

Mike C. mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Wed Nov 9 14:37:50 PST 2005

 According to the review from allmusic.com, It says that George Shearing wrote out most of the ensemble parts for this album. Now why would George do that when he had this sort of line up?:

Ken Peplowski- Tenor Sax
Warren Vache- Cornet
George Masso- Trombone
Kenny Davern- Clarinet
Jerry Fuller- Drums
Neil Swainson- Bass

 I haven't heard this album in a long time either, but I do remember not being overly impressed either.

Mike

Bob Ringwald adds: