[Dixielandjazz] [advert] Dixieland Fake Books news

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Wed Nov 9 13:25:32 PST 2005

Hi All. Finally I've "completed" my Dixieland Fake Books program.

1. Dixieland Fake Book Vol. 1 (C & Bb) were substantially upgraded and for
the first time are identical. Many verses were added to pop tunes. The 1923
King Oliver sheets were completely redone, and as available, their
Copyright sheets are included. Various changes were made to some sheets
based on sheet music. A list of all corrections/upgrades made since it
first came out in May 2000 is on my website.

2. Dixieland Fake Book Vol. 2 (C & Bb) just came out--"C" in July, "Bb"
this week.
Most of the 1923 Olivers are in it, and between the 2 books, the complete
1923 Oliver corpus is now available, with the Copyright sheets. Loads of
Jelly Roll Morton, Armstrong Hot 5-7s, more Bix, Bessie Smith, etc. The
majority of sheets are partial or complete transcriptions of the classic
records, and in most cases the sources for the sheets are provided.

My next project is "20s-30s Fake Book" which should be out late this year
or early next year.

Cheers!
--Sheik
David W. Littlefield, Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Washboard
http://americanmusiccaravan.com  DFB VOL.2 (C) NOW IN STOCK!!
"BOOK NEWS: click on "Books" click on "Book News"
http://cpcug.org/user/dwlit (Dixie playalong list, other tools)
eMail: dwlit at cpcug.org