[Dixielandjazz] Tuning

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Wed Nov 9 00:46:58 PST 2005

In my younger & more fool-hearty days, I wanted to be a piano tuner.  I
worked at a piano shop for about a year.  Then I decided I could meet more
women playing in nightclubs then in a shop tuning. . . . But that is another
story.

While working at the shop, a lady called one day & asked how much to replace
a broken string on her piano.  We gave her the price which included coming
back several times to tune the string, as it stretched.

I kid you not.  She said, "Oh, you don't have to bother coming back to tune
the string.  Just tune it before you put it on the piano."

--Bob Ringwald K6YBVThe Fulton Street Jazz Band
The Boondockers (Jazz and Comedy)
530/642-9551